I think the secret to house love is to stop comparing your house to other's...just pay attention to your house, wherever you may be right now, whatever it might look like, and work at turning it into the coziest, cleanest home it can be.
These are some tips that work for me when I feel discontent creeping in:
- Clean and everything will look better to you.
- Less toys, furniture, clothing, junk is always better...keep a SIMPLE house...get rid of stuff constantly. Or better yet, don't buy it!
- Don't ask for endless opinions...you'll get too many ideas...stick with what YOU love.
- A small change, that usually costs pennies... flowers, a pretty plant, etc...makes a big difference.
- Don't copy anyone's style...yours is just as nice.
- There are tons of ideas and images out there from just about everywhere..magazines, (and I'll add now- blogs!)...it is a waste of time to constantly be on the search for the perfect idea, or to constantly want/need change. Be content! Mind your own home, with what you have on hand. Sometimes this means: STOP LOOKING.
Mid pleasures and palaces though we may roam,
be it ever so humble,
there's no place like Home.