This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commision if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.
A friend gave me the best pumpkin bread recipe, and we all love it here on Clover Lane. It is a simple classic pumpkin bread with a crunchy crumb topping.
I make six mini-loaves out of this pumpkin bread recipe. Yes, the first time I made it, I had to run out and get mini-loaf pans, wondered if I’d use them again, but I have regularly used them. They are perfect for gifting and sharing my homemade bread like my zucchini blueberry bread along with this pumpkin bread. I use two sets of these mini-loaf pans.
When giving as gifts, I wrap each in wax paper, and tie with butcher string. I love the color choices this set offers and the string has come in handy for numerous other projects and gifts.
I also have split this recipe between two normal loaf pans but then I bake the loaves longer, about 10 minutes more, making sure the middle is baked through since more dough will be in each pan. Insert a toothpick in the center and if it comes out clean it is cooked through.
The crumbled topping is what makes this bread incredible in my opinion. The topping is not necessary and can be omitted if a less sweet bread is desired, but it adds a bit of a buttery sweet crunch to each loaf that is to die for.
Usually by September we are all craving this bread, and even kids who are not fans of pumpkin pie (who doesn’t like pumpkin pie) LOVE this bread.
Classic Pumpkin Bread With Crumble Topping
- 1 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree Not pumpkin "pie" puree, just plain pumpkin.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 cups white sugar
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
For The Crumbled Topping
- 4 TBS softened butter
- 3/4 cup white flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all of the bread ingredients together well in a large bowl with an electric mixer. The batter will be smooth.
- Spray with non-stick cooking spray mini-loaf pans, or bread pans.
- Divide batter evenly among pans.
- Mix together by hand with a fork the crumbled topping ingredients in a medium bowl. These will not mix smooth, but will be crumbly.
- Sprinkle the top of each loaf evenly and generously.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove carefully from pans (I turn them upside after using a table knife around the inside of the pan.) Cool before eating.