I served about fifteen people a big Mexican dinner last Friday night. It was delicious if I do say so myself. I set up a make-your-own taco/burrito/bowl buffet and had the works. For dessert I served these easy churro cheesecake bars. I decided to make them that very day but was doubting that I would have time with the dinner prep work I had to do- they ended up being so easy and only took minutes to make, with common ingredients, and I was told they were DELICIOUS and had many compliments.
Here is the recipe for easy and delicious churro cheesecake bars!
Easy Churro Cheesecake Bars
- 32 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups white sugar divided
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cans crescent rolls
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with baking spray.
- Mix together (I used a hand mixer) the cream cheese, 1 1/2 cups sugar, and the vanilla extract until smooth.
- In a small bowl stir together the remaining 1 cup of sugar and 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Unroll the entire sheet of one can of crescent rolls, keeping it in one large piece, and press them, closing seams, into the bottom of the 9 x 13 pan, as you do to a pie crust. Sprinkle 1/2 of the bowl of cinnamon sugar over the crust.
- Spread the entire cream cheese mixture evenly over the dough gently.
- Unroll the second can of crescent rolls, and again keeping it in one big sheet place it over the cream cheese mixture.
- Brush the top with melted butter, and sprinkle the rest of the cinnamon sugar mixture over the dough.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until golden brown.
Other favorite easy bar desserts, which I have found is the perfect time-saving dessert when serving a crowd, as they are easy to whip up and easy to serve: