This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commision if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.
Here’s a list of twenty great pre-teen and young teen boy books and series my boys have read and enjoyed:
- Where The Red Fern Grows-classic story of a boy and hounds and so many good lessons.
- Pendragon Series-this is probably the favorite series with my boys besides Harry Potter.
- All of the “Who Is, What Is, Where Is” books-easy quick reads.
- Any of the Childhood Of Famous Americans biographies.
- Theodore Boone Series by John Grisham
- The Boys Who Challenged Hitler by Phillip Hoose
- Hatchet Series by Gary Paulsen
- Found Series by Margaret Haddix
- The Beyonders Series by Brandon Mull
- Because of Winn Dixie by Kate DiCamillo-another dog book.
- Shadow Jumper by J.M.Forster
- Old Yeller by Fred Gipson-loved this one myself.
- Shiloh by Phyllis Naylor
- Great Battles for Boys Series
- A Long Walk to Water by Linda Sue Park
- Holes Series by Louis Sacher
- The Sign Of The Beaver by Elizabeth Speare
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- Bud, Not Buddy by Christopher Paul Curtis
- The Watsons Go To Birmingham by Christopher Paul Curtis
Here is the rechargeable book light that my kids love and use at night before bed when they do most of their reading!
Here are some other favorite children’s books.