This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commision if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.
Mother’s Day always sneaks up in the midst of spring sports schedules, activities, graduations, religious ceremonies-you name it May is a busy month for moms! But Mother’s Day is the most important day of all of them! 🙂 I compiled some simple pretty Mother’s Day gifts-no clutter, all useful, practical gifts, to give and to “suggest” for yourself if need be. Here’s my list of simple, practical and pretty Mother’s Day gifts!
What I like to give:
- Pajamas-A sweet old fashioned nightgown.
- My favorite slippers-So comfy and warm.
- A useful top-Something fresh to wear for spring on chilly nights.
- A personalized notepad-Makes lists a lot more fun.
- A good book-A story to snuggle up with up.
What I like to receive:
- New pajamas also-but a shirt and pants set.
- A pretty pot– for my porch.
- Any scented candle-this is my favorite right now!
- A pretty beach bag-personalized.
- A mother’s ring-I wear one similar to this one every day.
But the BEST GIFT of all? Letters-notes-handwritten or typed, from my children. I treasure these letters so much. I have saved them all, and keep them in boxes up in my closet (yes, several boxes by now). When the kids are young they are sweet, but as they get older, this gets more and more meaningful-all this hard work and love and sleepless nights, and tough teen years-knowing that they appreciated all that you did, and see it for what it’s worth now-that is priceless! My memories fade for sure-I don’t hardly remember what it felt like to have them all little, and how busy and exhausting it was, but knowing that they have good memories of that makes my heart sing.
Some other Mother’s Day inspiration posts you might enjoy: