This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commision if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.
I am trying to make a soup for Sunday dinner, and then for me to have leftovers for lunch during the winter months. This week I made my Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Chili. It’s so easy and so good. It’s easiest to make in a large slow cooker like this, but I can fit it carefully in my regular-sized slow cooker also.
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Chili is also great for any large gathering. This recipe makes a large amount, so it is perfect for large family gatherings, reheatable leftovers all week or a pot-luck.
Make sure to have toppings on hand-guacamole, sour cream, cheddar cheese, and tortilla strips or chips is what really makes this recipe shine.
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Chili
- Slow Cooker
- 2-4 split boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cans Mexican style chopped tomatoes, drained
- 2 cans black beans, undrained
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 jar medium salsa
- 1 can chopped green chilis
- Add all ingredients to a large slow cooker.
- Cook for 8 hours on low.
- Once done, using two forks break up chicken, or take out chicken breasts, cut up in small pieces and put them back in slow cooker.
- Top with any of the following-guacamole, sour cream, cheese and/or tortilla chips.
My favorite kitchen equipment and supplies are here.