Using the 40 Bags in 40 Days method for creating a calm decluttered master bedroom is a quick and easy way to finally have a room in the house that serves as a peaceful oasis. When it comes to the main bedroom the simpler the better. I am certain that going to sleep and waking up in a room that has less visual clutter creates a better day and more restful sleep at night.
Tips for Purging the Master Bedroom
- A bed, two nightstands and some lamps. Maybe a dresser if the closet is small. (Closet purge here!) Maybe in a certain season of life there will be a bassinet, crib or extra mattress for toddlers tucked in a corner. Clear out all unnecessary unused furniture.
- Clear out each nightstand of old books and magazines.
- Keeping bedding simple and neat makes the room look less cluttered.
- Keep children’s things out of the main bedroom.
What To Purge in the Master Bedroom
- Unused pillows and blankets
- Old magazines and books
- Any children’s toys or items
- Excess photo frames
- All furniture that isn’t used
- Consider transitioning to just using the closet instead of dressers