I LOVED this article.
I have been here-all of it, almost every symptom, Moms of many, pay attention!!! Moms of teens and little ones, for sure, pay attention.
The biggest changes I made or was forced to make:
1. Saying no to my children. Even about little things, that made my day, especially my summer, too crazy. Or to anyone-it’s so easy to say yes in the moment, and hard to say no. Because I COULD do it, but not without a fast pace all day, and fast pace=stress.
2. Relaxing about everything-the way my house looks inside and out, etc. It is really a mind set. There are only so many hours in every day. Make a list of priorities. Keep cutting until you get to where you can breathe normally, and not feel stressed inside. For everyone that is different and it is not a contest, it’s about self-awareness, even if it means you can only meet the top three priorities-God, self, family.
3. Planning every week how I could take care of myself better-little fun things that made me feel good about myself.
4. Delegating more work to outside sources, or children, or my husband. I was doing it all myself mostly, and I just couldn’t bare the load – or I could, but not without a cost to my well-being.
5. Eating healthy. This is probably the biggest thing. I can tell immediately if I get off track and I feel more sensitive to this than ever, since I went through chemo.
6. Sleeping enough, but I will also say that wasn’t really a choice, just my body, and earlier in my life, my children.
I bought this magnetic white boardand we love it. My intention was to do a quote a week but I also find myself using it for weekend plans so everyone is aware of what is going on here. Janey keeps switching it to the dishwasher to use it for fun.
Kendamas-Isaac is an expert on these things, but he has brothers and cousins all trying to keep up.
Magnetic chess set-this set gets moved around the house a lot, and with all the rain we’ve had, it is getting used a lot.
Janey was dying for one of these “flippy” shirtswhich are all the rage and begged for one-I found this one on Amazon that is so cute and she was thrilled at her surprise gift.
These areTHE BEST reading lights. Rechargeable (no more batteries!!!) and it only takes a few minutes too. We all have them and I’ve given them as gifts.
I am reading this book right now and it is hilarious but touching also.