This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commision if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.
I made this for a quick dessert one evening when we had friends over and it was delicious and it’s now a requested item here. The bars taste just like a sugar cookie but is so much easier (and less messy) to make. It could also be served with a small side of berries to garnish the top, or sprinkles.
Sugar Cookie Bars
1 box white cake mix, dry, not prepared
8 TBS melted butter
8 oz cream cheese, softened
16 oz powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine cake mix, butter and egg in a bowl and beat until smooth.
3. Press dough down evenly into a 13×9 greased baking pan.
4. In a separate bowl combine cream cheese, eggs and powdered sugar and beat well.
5. Pour over crust and spread to corners.
6. Bake for about 25-30 minutes at 350. It will look slightly under-baked-you don’t want to overbake it. The top will still have the consistency of frosting.
7. Remove and let cool and garnish as desire.