Here’s a great recipe I found in my favorite cook book. I changed it a little to make it much quicker to assemble. (I also renamed them Apple Roll-Ups because I roll them up-they are really called “Stuffed Apple-Cinnamon Rolls” but the stuffing part takes too long for me.)
They taste so good and I have started doubling the recipe, to eliminate any arguments over who gets how many.
Here’s what you need:
1 package of refrigerated pizza dough-I use the Pillsbury Thin Crust kind*
2 cups shredded apples (peel first)
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 tablespoon sugar
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
6 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 tablespoon melted butter
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1-2 teaspoons milk
1. Preheat oven to temperature on pizza dough container instructions.
2. Spray a pie plate with non stick cooking spray.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out pizza dough.
4. Mix the apple filling together in a bowl.
5. Spread the filling as evenly as you can over the rectangle of pizza dough.
6. Starting at a long side, roll up the dough.
7. Using a knife, slice the dough into 10-12 pieces from one end to the other. Place little round rolls into the pie plate, any which way.
8. Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle on top of dough.
9. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes and then top with glaze.
*If you want to make dough from scratch this recipe is the one to use.