…but need to be reminded of every once in awhile.
1. Getting up earlier than the kids, if at all possible, even for 15 minutes, makes my day magically run so much smoother.
2. If I want to get any big project accomplished, I need to break it down into tiny steps so it won’t be overwhelming and I won’t feel frustrated.
3. Planning meals and ingredients and a weekly shopping trip is essential. Trying to think of what to make for dinner at 5 p.m. makes me miserable, as does not having the right ingredients. And hungry children at 6:00 p.m. are really really scary.
4. If I want free time, it MUST be planned. It will never just happen. Someone will always need something. It is up to me to plan for it, and if I complain about not having a minute to myself, I only have one person to blame: me.
5. Positive reinforcement goes much farther than nagging, harping, and criticizing