This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commision if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.
Isaac is 17 today. I won’t start with all the boo-hooing because I know you’ve heard from me before (like a gazillion times), how fast time flies.
Things I love about my oldest:
1. He has never been one to test limits, to talk back, to push. He goes with the flow, and treats us kindly, and is always helpful.
2. He was born with a sweet, happy, smiley, personality. I couldn’t go any place when he was a baby without hearing, “He’s so happy! Look at that smile! Look at those bright eyes!” He just attracted attention with his cute chubby face.
3. He has always made friends easily and is a good judge of character. I love the kids he brings home. He has this inner sensible barometer of character judgment, and that is a GOOD thing to have for the rest of life.
4. He eats everything I make and always likes it. Alleluia!
5. He is always appreciative, quick to say thank you, and a good sport. He shares his room with a 3 year old for goodness sakes alive! He also plays with that 3 year old…basketball, soccer, anything. Patrick asks every day, “Where’s Isaac?” He is going to be darn excited when it’s summer vacation, I’ll tell you that much.
This year is a big year for Isaac. Lots of big decisions, lots of school work, lots of planning for the future. I am so excited for him, and he has taught me that I can trust that he knows what is best for himself. I have it good, that’s for sure. As the oldest, he has set an incredible example for his younger siblings and I couldn’t be more grateful every day that I get to be his mother.
Happy 17th Birthday Isaac!