If you are not in the mood for cut-out cookies, (and seriously, don’t you have to be in the mood to even consider those?) I have a great easy shortbread Christmas cookie recipe!
And when you package them up so nicely (links below for ideas!) they make easy little gifts!
Here’s what you need for this Easy Shortbread Christmas Cookie Recipe:
Easy Christmas Shortbread
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup powdered confectioners sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- red and green sprinkles, or any color-white looks pretty also!
- Cream together butter, sugar and vanilla in a mixer.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix together well.
- Divide dough in three equal portions.
- Roll each portion into about an 8" long roll. Use flour on your surface when doing this to prevent sticking.
- Cover (I use wax paper) and refrigerate.
- After about an hour or longer, when dough is firm, slice each roll into about 15-20 slices.
- Take each sliced, unbaked cookie and press one side into sprinkles.
- On a lightly greased cookie sheet, bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, before they brown. (Edges may brown slightly but they should look almost undone.)
- Cool and enjoy!
After mixing ingredients, divide dough into three equal portions.
Roll each of the three portions of dough into 3 rolls.
Cover and refrigerate.
After cool, (about an hour), slice each roll into 15-20 slices.
On lightly greased cookie sheet, bake at 350 degrees for approximately 10 minutes. (Get them out before they start to brown…they will look undone!)
This recipe makes about 50 cookies…I always double it, because they go so fast.
Some great packaging options:
- Cellophane bags
- Bakery boxes
- Colorful Twine
Some of our favorite cookie recipes;
- Peanut Butter Cookies (all time favorite and my best cookie ever)
- The Best Double Chocolate Hot Cocoa Cookies
- Classic and Delicious Sugar Cookies
Feeling overwhelmed at Christmas? Here’s a few posts that might help you enjoy this season more, and stress less.